ONGC buys 80% participating interest in GSPC block
Bengaluru: Oil and Natural Gas Corp Ltd, India’s top explorer, said on Friday it has bought 80% participating interest and operator-ship in one of the blocks of Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation (GSPC) in Krishna Godavari Basin offshore.
GSPC will continue to hold 10% participating interest in the said block while the remaining 10% lies with GSPC’s partner Jubilant Offshore Drilling Ltd, ONGC said in an exchange filing.
ONGC said it has taken over the block against a purchase consideration of $995.3 million.
The state-run company said it has made an advance payment of $200 million to GSPC towards future consideration for six discoveries other than Deen Dayal West Field.
ONGC also intends to develop an High Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) corridor of oil and gas in the Krishna Godavari Basin, it said. Reuters
- Blockchain startups in India shift to overseas markets to raise ICOs
- Sony India appoints Sunil Nayyar as managing director
- IITs should be among top hundred global institutions: Satya Pal Singh
- SC dismisses plea challenging Nitish Kumar’s membership to Bihar legislative council
- Kodak and Sanyo 55-inch TVs: affordable 4K TV face-off