Vodafone to activate new SIM cards with Aadhaar, biometrics
In partnership with the department of telecom, a pilot on Aadhaar was tested in two circles and is going to be rolled out in the entire country
Latest News »
- Orissa HC notice to EC for early completion of inquiry against Naveen Patnaik
- Arvind Subramanian hints at writing about demonetisation in memoir
- Businesses get time till 16 August to opt for GST composition scheme
- Nitish Kumar is wasting time meeting Rahul Gandhi: Sushil Modi
- Erdogan condemns Israel’s ‘excessive’ use of force in Jerusalem
New Delhi: Vodafone initiated e-KYC (know your customer) verification using only Aadhaar number and fingerprints as biometrics for rolling out new prepaid and postpaid mobile connections starting from Wednesday.
In partnership with the department of telecom, a pilot on Aadhaar was tested in two circles and is going to be rolled out in the entire country.
The use of e-KYC will reduce the amount of paperwork and also bring about uniformity in terms of documents submitted by all. The use of e-KYC will also drastically cut down delays in activating new connections because of infrastructure challenges such as power cuts, transporting volumes of paper, lack of photocopying and photography facilities.
Vodafone India has also developed an app so that all retailers can activate customers using e-KYC.