SBI says examining all currency notes at ATMs after fake Rs 2000 notes report
- Udumalpet honour killing: Six persons get death sentence for killing Dalit youth
- PVR looks to expand, signs deal to add 16 more 4DX screens
- Coal scam case: Former Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda convicted by special CBI court
- News in Numbers: Chris Gayle scores 20th century in T20 format
- Google’s experimental photo apps are impressive from the start
New Delhi: The State Bank of India (SBI) said on Wednesday it is examining all currency notes at automated teller machines (ATMs) after media reports cited fake Rs 2000 notes being dispensed by one of its ATMs in New Delhi.
SBI accounts for more than a fifth of India’s banking assets.
The bank, in a statement, said it suspected foul play and investigations were underway. Reuters