SBI says examining all currency notes at ATMs after fake Rs 2000 notes report
State Bank of India (SBI) says it suspects foul play in the fake Rs 2000 note matter, investigations are underway
Latest News »
- Mecca’s Grand Mosque suicide attack: 5 arrested including a woman
- Delhi’s second airport to be built at Jewar in Greater Noida
- US keen on providing India defence technology reserved for close allies
- SRCC releases first cut-off at 97.75% for B.Com and B.A Hons courses
- No plans for H1B visas to come up specifically during Modi-Trump meet: US
New Delhi: The State Bank of India (SBI) said on Wednesday it is examining all currency notes at automated teller machines (ATMs) after media reports cited fake Rs 2000 notes being dispensed by one of its ATMs in New Delhi.
SBI accounts for more than a fifth of India’s banking assets.
The bank, in a statement, said it suspected foul play and investigations were underway. Reuters