SBI says examining all currency notes at ATMs after fake Rs 2000 notes report
Latest News »
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan will lead BJP in Madhya Pradesh polls: Amit Shah
- Sharad Yadav free to decide own course: Nitish Kumar
- West Bengal flood situation improves, death toll reaches 55
- Narendra Modi expresses anguish over Utkal Express derailment
- GST Council extends July payment and return filing deadline to 25 August
New Delhi: The State Bank of India (SBI) said on Wednesday it is examining all currency notes at automated teller machines (ATMs) after media reports cited fake Rs 2000 notes being dispensed by one of its ATMs in New Delhi.
SBI accounts for more than a fifth of India’s banking assets.
The bank, in a statement, said it suspected foul play and investigations were underway. Reuters