Dr Reddy’s gets 2 USFDA observations for Srikakulam plant
Latest News »
- First set of GST tax deposits nets govt Rs42,000 crore
- Essar Oil CEO resigns as Rosneft rejigs board on $13 billion takeover
- ISRO chief Kiran Kumar says looking at consortium for PSLVs
- Arun Jaitley to meet CMs to firm up NITI Aayog’s 3-year action agenda
- Who owns Mars? Mining puts spotlight on out of this world property claims
New Delhi: Drug firm Dr Reddy’s Laboratories on Tuesday said the US health regulator has issued two observations after inspection of its manufacturing plant at Srikakulam.
“The audit of our API manufacturing plant at Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh by the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA), has been completed on Tuesday,” Dr Reddy’s Laboratories said in a filing to the BSE.
The company has been issued a Form 483 with two observations, “which we are addressing”, it added. Dr Reddy’s Laboratories, however, did not disclose details about the observations.
As per the USFDA, a “FDA Form 483 is issued to firm management at the conclusion of an inspection when an investigator(s) has observed any conditions that in their judgement may constitute violations of the Food Drug and Cosmetic (FD&C) Act and related Acts”. It notifies the company’s management of objectionable conditions.