Gender map in global media
The gap between males and females is reducing, in terms of being sources and subjects, in web based news
Latest News »
- Microsoft may invest up to $100 million in Ola parent
- Catholic Syrian Bank weighs fundraising options as talks with Fairfax collapse
- Blockchain could contribute and play a key role in financial inclusion in India: David Lee Kuo Chuen
- Thangarasu Natarajan’s rocky road to the IPL
- Is global recovery statistical or real?
Women are becoming increasingly more engaged as content creators as well as participants in debates. The latest numbers from the Global Media Monitoring Project 2015, based on the monitoring of gender issues in media globally in terms of news creation, suggest that the US leads the way with 43% female representation in Internet news. India registers 36% representation, while Malaysia fares badly with just 6%. Incidentally, women outnumber men in reporting Internet news in both India and Australia.