Gender map in global media
Latest News »
- Eisai Pharma launches new anti-epilepsy drug in India
- Everstone Group names Ajay Kaul to lead its fast food business
- Parties hail Triple Talaq verdict, PM Modi calls it powerful measure for women’s empowerment
- Bandhan Bank preparing to launch IPO
- Market roundup | EM funds post biggest weekly outflow of 2017
Women are becoming increasingly more engaged as content creators as well as participants in debates. The latest numbers from the Global Media Monitoring Project 2015, based on the monitoring of gender issues in media globally in terms of news creation, suggest that the US leads the way with 43% female representation in Internet news. India registers 36% representation, while Malaysia fares badly with just 6%. Incidentally, women outnumber men in reporting Internet news in both India and Australia.