Gender map in global media
- Hospital infections now circulating in common population
- Bill Gates lauds Andhra Pradesh for using tech to help farmers
- Gujarat elections: BJP releases first list of 70 candidates
- RSS affiliate Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh stages massive rally against NDA govt
- World’s first bitcoin short notes allow bears to ride big swings
Women are becoming increasingly more engaged as content creators as well as participants in debates. The latest numbers from the Global Media Monitoring Project 2015, based on the monitoring of gender issues in media globally in terms of news creation, suggest that the US leads the way with 43% female representation in Internet news. India registers 36% representation, while Malaysia fares badly with just 6%. Incidentally, women outnumber men in reporting Internet news in both India and Australia.