Gender map in global media
- Padmaavat release: Rajasthan minister says Raje govt to approach Supreme Court
- 20 AAP MLAs have sought time to meet President Kovind: Manish Sisodia
- Donald Trump marks year one with US government shutdown drama
- Bawana factory fire: 17 feared dead, Delhi govt orders inquiry
- IMF, World Bank laud RBI for ‘strengthening’ supervision
Women are becoming increasingly more engaged as content creators as well as participants in debates. The latest numbers from the Global Media Monitoring Project 2015, based on the monitoring of gender issues in media globally in terms of news creation, suggest that the US leads the way with 43% female representation in Internet news. India registers 36% representation, while Malaysia fares badly with just 6%. Incidentally, women outnumber men in reporting Internet news in both India and Australia.