Tata Steel fourth quarter production up 24% at 3 MT
- Barcelona to offer Lionel Messi lifetime deal
- BJP, Congress spar over Rahul Gandhi’s popularity on Twitter
- Sovereign gold bond rate fixed at Rs2,971 per gram
- Two former presidents break with tradition to denounce Donald Trump
- Nirmala Sitharaman to attend Southeast Asian defence ministers’ meet in Philippines
New Delhi: Tata Steel Ltd on Saturday reported a 24% growth in saleable steel production at 3.1 million tonnes (MT) for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2017.
The company had produced 2.5 MT of saleable steel in the same quarter of the preceding fiscal, Tata Steel said in a BSE filing. The company’s crude steel production during the January-March quarter of 2016-17 also grew to 3.2 MT from 2.5 MT in the year-ago period, it said.
Tata Steel’s sales too grew to 3.1 MT, as against 2.7 MT a year ago. The company’s hot metal production was up at 3.5 MT, as compared to 2.7 MT in the same quarter of the 2015-16 fiscal.
According to the filing, the company’s “blast furnaces at its Jamshedpur plant achieved best-ever hot metal fiscal 2016-17 production of 10.83 million tonnes (previous best was 10.66 million tonnes in 2015-16).