Tata Steel fourth quarter production up 24% at 3 MT
Tata Steel’s sales too grew to 3.1 MT, as against 2.7 MT a year ago
Latest News »
- IRDA identifies 6 insurers to take over Sahara India Life Insurance
- Market round-up: Oil’s bearish bets prompt warning of violent rally
- Pro Kabaddi League 2017: advertisers number up three-fold in 5th season
- Corporate rights and the backlash against globalization
- The transformative power of genome editing
New Delhi: Tata Steel Ltd on Saturday reported a 24% growth in saleable steel production at 3.1 million tonnes (MT) for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2017.
The company had produced 2.5 MT of saleable steel in the same quarter of the preceding fiscal, Tata Steel said in a BSE filing. The company’s crude steel production during the January-March quarter of 2016-17 also grew to 3.2 MT from 2.5 MT in the year-ago period, it said.
Tata Steel’s sales too grew to 3.1 MT, as against 2.7 MT a year ago. The company’s hot metal production was up at 3.5 MT, as compared to 2.7 MT in the same quarter of the 2015-16 fiscal.
According to the filing, the company’s “blast furnaces at its Jamshedpur plant achieved best-ever hot metal fiscal 2016-17 production of 10.83 million tonnes (previous best was 10.66 million tonnes in 2015-16).