Tata Steel fourth quarter production up 24% at 3 MT
- PNB fraud: Nirav Modi denies allegations, says his lawyer
- Global gold prices fall for a third day as dollar bounces off December 2014-lows
- IndusInd Bank exposure to Gitanjali Gems in ‘small’ 2-digits
- Why 2018 may see a revival of Indian horror movies
- Donald Trump Jr. to push sales of upcoming Trump Towers during India visit
New Delhi: Tata Steel Ltd on Saturday reported a 24% growth in saleable steel production at 3.1 million tonnes (MT) for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2017.
The company had produced 2.5 MT of saleable steel in the same quarter of the preceding fiscal, Tata Steel said in a BSE filing. The company’s crude steel production during the January-March quarter of 2016-17 also grew to 3.2 MT from 2.5 MT in the year-ago period, it said.
Tata Steel’s sales too grew to 3.1 MT, as against 2.7 MT a year ago. The company’s hot metal production was up at 3.5 MT, as compared to 2.7 MT in the same quarter of the 2015-16 fiscal.
According to the filing, the company’s “blast furnaces at its Jamshedpur plant achieved best-ever hot metal fiscal 2016-17 production of 10.83 million tonnes (previous best was 10.66 million tonnes in 2015-16).