Wockhardt gets US FDA nod for generic anti-bacterial drug
- Zakir Naik to be chargesheeted by NIA this week for terror funding
- Nobel laureates lead new group to tackle world’s economic woes
- Rajasthan ordinance: Rahul Gandhi takes a swipe at Vasundhara Raje
- Maruti becomes No. 1 exporter of passenger vehicles from India
- Sharif brothers tried to assassinate me twice: Asif Ali Zardari
New Delhi: Drug firm Wockhardt has received approval from the US health regulator to market generic version of Wyeth’s Zosyn, used for treating bacterial infections, in the American market.
The application for the product to the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) was made by the company’s subsidiary Wockhardt Bio AG, the Mumbai-based company said in a regulatory filing.
“Wockhardt Bio AG had filed this abbreviated new drug application (ANDA) in collaboration with Fresinius Kabi, Italy (FKAI) where the product development was completed,” it added.
The ANDA will be manufactured commercially at FKAI, Mitim, Italy, it said. Wockhardt stock closed 2.54% down at Rs727.60 on BSE.