Telenor to roll out Google’s new messaging service in Asia, Europe
- PM Modi announces Rs90,000 crore for improving roads, highways in northeast
- Rahul Gandhi to sustain politics of hope: Manmohan Singh
- Sonia Gandhi will contest from Rae Bareli in 2019 Lok Sabha polls: Priyanka Gandhi
- Sonia Gandhi: The woman who would not be queen
- US may stop spouses of H1B visa holders from working
Bengaluru: Alphabet Inc’s Google said on Thursday it partnered with Telenor ASA to roll out Rich Communications Services (RCS), an upgraded messaging service, to the Norwegian telecommunications company’s subscribers in Asia and Europe.
The messaging service includes features such as group chats, photo sharing and read receipts among other things, Google said in its official blog.
Google said these features would come as standard on its Android operating system (OS).
Telenor subscribers, who already have Google’s Messenger app on their phones, would automatically get access to RCS services through an app update, Google said.
The Internet giant said it plans to roll out RCS in more countries in the coming months.
Telenor could not be immediately reached for comment by Reuters. Reuters