South Korea approves LG Display’s plan to build OLED factory in China
Seoul: South Korea’s trade ministry said on Tuesday that a committee had approved LG Display Co. Ltd’s plan to build a new organic light-emitting diode (OLED) panel production facility in China.
The approval comes five months after LG Display announced it would invest in large-size OLED production in Guangzhou, China, to respond to fast-growing demand for the screens in TVs in overseas markets.
The ministry said in a statement that the approval was conditional on LG Display boosting the use of local materials and equipment, subsequent investment in South Korea and strengthening processes such as security checks.
An LG Display spokeswoman did not have an immediate comment.
- Adani Ports Q3 profit up 19.51% at Rs1,001 crore
- Google aims to make artificial intelligence easy to use for companies
- GST rate cut for 29 items and 53 services from 25 January
- South Korea considers shutting down domestic cryptocurrency exchanges
- GST Council discusses making returns filing process simpler