BSNL, Nokia to sign pact on 5G, IoT applications
Latest News »
- IIT JEE (Advanced) to go completely online from next year
- Flights diverted at Delhi airport after ‘drone like object’ spotted on runway
- Maharashtra govt, opposition spar over farm loan waiver rollout
- Utkal Express derailment: Northern Railways GM R.N.Kulshrestha sent on leave
- 39 people detained over Neo-Nazi rally in Berlin: Police
Barcelona: The state-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) is all set to sign a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Nokia in the areas of 5G and Internet of Things (IoT).
“After 4G, the future is 5G and IoT, which is useful in the concept such as smart cities... The MoU will help BSNL to draw a framework for transition from the current network to futuristic 5G network,” BSNL chairman Anupam Shrivastava told PTI.
The MoU, scheduled to be signed Tuesday at the Mobile World Congress, entails strategic cooperation for smooth network evolution and transition from 4G to 5G. It also involves joint 5G demonstration, use case development leveraging the benefits of high speed, low latency and IoT applications to meet growing demands of connected people and devices.
The pact also involves collaborative workshops to define a phased strategy for network evolution and transformation and the implications on business, technology and operations, he added.
Nokia will also work with BSNL by sharing 5G technology concepts, new product launches and innovations available in the public domain that demonstrate possibilities of 5G, and IoT for the Indian market, Shrivastava pointed out.