Yatra allows payments via BHIM app
- Emerging fault lines in data protection
- Downside protection for market will come from better earnings: Mahesh Patil
- How Union Budget 2018 impacts individual taxpayers
- UDP is going to cross halfway mark in Meghalaya elections on its own: Paul Lyngdoh
- Congress seen setting agenda for Karnataka elections 2018
New Delhi. Online travel portal Yatra has started accepting payments through the newly launched payment app BHIM.
Yatra said it has introduced Unified Payment Interface (UPI) as a payment option on its website and this addition will allow customers to pay directly from a bank account to online and offline merchants.
Users will not have to install multiple apps for different banks. UPI will bypass IFSC code, bank account number, and addition of a beneficiary by making transactions easy without the need for personal details.
“BHIM is an app developed by NPCI to facilitate payments directly via a bank and BHIM is based on UPI as the payment method. Hence, individuals having the BHIM app can also now book their travel on Yatra.com as we are the only online travel agency to accept UPI as a payment method,” Sharat Dhall, COO, Yatra.com said in an email.
The brainchild of National Payment Corp. of India (NPCI) UPI was implemented with support from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Indian Banks Association (IBA). It is expected to create a new ecosystem of low-cost, high-volume retail payments.