Toyota launches new Fortuner at Rs25.92 lakh
- Donald Trump pressures US senators to back Republican healthcare bill
- India to send 700 tonnes of relief material for Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh
- Sushma Swaraj slams Pakistan at UNGA, asks its leaders to introspect
- Mexico jittery after new earthquake of 6.1 magnitude
- Sushma Swaraj calls for early start of negotiations for UNSC reforms
New Delhi: Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt Ltd on Monday introduced the next generation Fortuner priced in the range between Rs25.92 and Rs31.12 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The SUV comes with a 2.7-litre petrol engine and 2.8-litre diesel engine. Only the diesel variant has a four-wheel drive option.
Bookings and deliveries of the vehicle started on Monday, the company said.
In its segment, which is Rs25 lakh and above, Fortuner holds 70% of the market share.
The vehicle is available in seven colours.
“My entire development team was passionate about creating an authentic SUV which we chose to interpret as a three-row, seven-seat Space Utility Vehicle (SUV). While this made it clear what was needed on the inside, we also knew that we needed a design that could be appreciated when viewed from the outside,” said Hiroki Nakajima, managing officer, Toyota Motor Corp.
“Meanwhile, we discovered that customers find value in the pride of owning a vehicle with full-fledged 4WD capability as well. So even if they are just using it around town, we needed to enhance its 4WD performance,” Nakajima said in a statement.
The vehicle boasts of impact absorbing structure with pedestrian protection support, seven SRS airbags and 7-inch tablet inspired touch screen infotainment with navigation.