Jayalalithaa announces bonus worth Rs476.71 crore for Tamil Nadu PSU employees
About 3.67 lakh eligible employees would receive bonus of a minimum Rs8,400 up to Rs 16,800 per month for the period 2015-16
Latest News »
- Uber’s rival Grab to raise $2.5 billion from Didi, SoftBank, others
- Kabul car explosion kills at least 12, injures 10
- Maharashtra legislature’s monsoon session begins today
- Market Live: Nifty inches closer to 10,000 mark, Sensex at record high
- Donald Trump tweets frustration with Republicans, healthcare law
Chennai: Tamil Nadu chief minister J. Jayalalithaa announced a bonus of Rs.476.71 crore to employees of state public sector companies on Wednesday.
“About 3.67 lakh eligible employees would receive bonus of a minimum Rs.8,400 up to Rs. 16,800 per month for the period 2015-16. In total, the various public sector companies will receive a total of Rs.476.71 crore as bonus,” a statement from the chief minister’s office said.
While employees of profit-making public sector firms would be paid a bonus of 20%, employees of loss makers will get a bonus of 10%.
Last year, festival bonus and ex-gratia of Rs.242.14 crore was disbursed among 3.76 lakh employees and contract labourers of various departments and cooperative workers.