RBI launches mobile app version of its website
- Consumers to lose out if pvt channels go off DD Free Dish
- US Fed goes for 25bps rate hike in Jerome Powell’s 1st meeting as chair
- Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg to speak as Washington scrutiny reignites
- Cabinet allows ITI Ltd to issue 18 crore fresh equity shares to public
- Sun Pharma gets US FDA approval for plaque psoriasis drug ILUMYA
Mumbai:The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Friday launched a mobile app version of the RBI website. The application will be available on both Android and iOS platforms, it said in a statement.
“Press releases, Indian financial system codes (IFSC)/magnetic ink character notification (MICR) codes, bank holidays and current rates including policy rates and reference rate of four major currencies have been made available on the application,” RBI said.
Also on the top of the landing page of the application, public awareness messages on the newly designed currency notes of Rs2,000, Rs500 and know your customer (KYC) norms are displayed.
The central bank has also offered an option for users to send their suggestions and feedback through email.