IRCTC launches new App for faster booking of train tickets
- Network18 reports Q3 net profit of Rs12.7 crore
- Workers at Apple supplier Catcher Technology describe harsh conditions in China’s Suqian
- This year’s corporate space race: Getting ready for astronauts, then tourists
- Super-premium liquor to become cheaper in Karnataka
- Amaravati: core infra to be ready by year-end
New Delhi: Railways on Tuesday launched a new ticketing App, IRCTC Rail Connect, to facilitate booking of train tickets in a faster and easier way.
Equipped with latest technology, the new App also makes possible booking of tatkal ticket, ladies quota, premium tatkal quota booking and current reservation.
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) Limited, which handles online train ticket bookings, has synchronised the new App, IRCTC Rail Connect, with its website.
Travellers will be able to search and book train tickets, check their existing reservations or cancel them, and get upcoming journey alerts in the new application, the Irctc release said.
The App is based on a next generation e-ticketing system.