IRCTC launches new App for faster booking of train tickets
Railways launch a new ticketing App, IRCTC Rail Connect, to facilitate booking of train tickets in a faster and easier way
Latest News »
- Myntra aims to launch loyalty programme
- Accenture raises the stakes with $1.8 billion acquisition plan
- Blackstone exits Jagran Prakashan holding firm, sells stake to promoters
- Bankruptcy proceedings started against Essar Steel, Monnet Ispat
- Reliance AIF to raise equity-focused fund of up to Rs1,000 crore
New Delhi: Railways on Tuesday launched a new ticketing App, IRCTC Rail Connect, to facilitate booking of train tickets in a faster and easier way.
Equipped with latest technology, the new App also makes possible booking of tatkal ticket, ladies quota, premium tatkal quota booking and current reservation.
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) Limited, which handles online train ticket bookings, has synchronised the new App, IRCTC Rail Connect, with its website.
Travellers will be able to search and book train tickets, check their existing reservations or cancel them, and get upcoming journey alerts in the new application, the Irctc release said.
The App is based on a next generation e-ticketing system.