IL&FS Engineering gets Rs123 crore contracts for Gail pipeline
The contracts are for building parts of Gail India Ltd.’s Kochi-Koottanad-Mangalore gas pipeline
Latest News »
- Uber’s rival Grab to raise $2.5 billion from Didi, SoftBank, others
- Kabul car explosion kills at least 12, injures 10
- Maharashtra legislature’s monsoon session begins today
- Market Live: Nifty inches closer to 10,000 mark, Sensex at record high
- Donald Trump tweets frustration with Republicans, healthcare law
New Delhi: IL&FS Engineering and Construction Co. said on Monday that it won two contracts for building parts of Gail India Ltd.’s Kochi-Koottanad-Mangalore pipeline project.
The contracts, worth Rs123 crore, are for laying a pipeline in the states of Kerala and Tamil Nadu. Construction is to be completed in 12 months. The company is already building a part of the pipeline in Kerala as part of an earlier contract worth Rs173 crore, the company said in a statement.
IL&FS had recently won another pipeline contract from Gail worth Rs163 crore in Bihar.
Companies like Madras Fertilizers Ltd, Manali, Mangalore Chemicals and Fertilizers Ltd, Mangalore and Southern Petrochemicals Industries Corp. Ltd (SPIC), Tuticorin, are among the industrial consumers in south India that will get natural gas from Gail through the pipeline.