India turns to local coal for planned 4,000 MW power project in Tamil Nadu
- RIL, HDFC Bank contribute over one-third of Sensex’s market cap gain in 2017
- Himachal, Gujarat election results tomorrow a test for Modi, Rahul
- Much ado about ‘bail-in’ and FRDI Bill
- Himachal, Gujarat election results may power Sensex, Nifty to record highs
- Cotton yield in Telangana to see decline this year
New Delhi: India will use domestic coal for its proposed 4,000 megawatt power project in Tamil Nadu, instead of importing it, coal minister Piyush Goyal said on Wednesday, as the south Asian nation seeks to cut its overseas purchases.
He said the state power minister has agreed for use of domestic coal for the project. Reuters