India turns to local coal for planned 4,000 MW power project in Tamil Nadu
- Opening bell: Asian markets rise; TeamLease, Jaiprakash Power, Mahindra Finance in news
- Kansai Nerolac: overhang of higher input costs remains in Q2
- How India stacks up against peers on fiscal parameters
- Bajaj Finance: milking the consumption story yet again
- Colgate-Palmolive: weaker-than-expected recovery in wholesale trade
New Delhi: India will use domestic coal for its proposed 4,000 megawatt power project in Tamil Nadu, instead of importing it, coal minister Piyush Goyal said on Wednesday, as the south Asian nation seeks to cut its overseas purchases.
He said the state power minister has agreed for use of domestic coal for the project. Reuters