India turns to local coal for planned 4,000 MW power project in Tamil Nadu
- Fifth package bomb strikes Texas, at FedEx facility near San Antonio
- Maryland school shooting: Several shot at, campus under lockdown
- Our 1st interstellar visitor Oumuamua likely came from binary star system
- Berkshire finally reveals price of its only major deal in 2017
- UK MPs ask Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg to testify on data row
New Delhi: India will use domestic coal for its proposed 4,000 megawatt power project in Tamil Nadu, instead of importing it, coal minister Piyush Goyal said on Wednesday, as the south Asian nation seeks to cut its overseas purchases.
He said the state power minister has agreed for use of domestic coal for the project. Reuters