Hetero Healthcare launches combination drug for Hepatitis-C in India
Hetero Healthcare is one of the first companies to launch the sofosbuvir and velpatasvir combination of drug for the treatment of Hepatitis-C in Indian market
Latest News »
- Delhi High Court imposes cost on Arvind Kejriwal in Arun Jaitley defamation case
- Donald Trump says he’s considering both Janet Yellen, Gary Cohn for Fed chair
- New legal provisions to deal with racial attacks planned: Government
- Declaring 39 Indians abducted in Iraq dead without proof will be sin: Sushma Swaraj
- Tejaswi won’t not resign, say Lalu Prasad Yadav, puts ball in Nitish’s court
Mumbai: Hetero Healthcare Ltd, part of Hyderabad-based pharmaceutical firm Hetero Drugs Ltd, on Thursday said it has launched a new combination drug for the treatment of Hepatitis-C in India.
“Hetero is one of the first companies to launch the sofosbuvir and velpatasvir combination of drug in Indian market after full compliance with all government regulatory requirements,” the company said in a press release.
The company will market combination of sofosbuvir and velpatasvir drug under the brand name ‘VELASOF’ in India at Rs18,500 for a pack of 28 tablets.
VELASOF was approved in June, 2016 by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and this is now made available in India by Hetero under the licensing agreement with Gilead.
“VELASOF is a very important addition in our product portfolio of 128 brands and 315 SKUs (stock keeping units). It would certainly strengthen our commitment further in this Rs550 crore Hepatitis-C market in India. VELASOF is expected to help Hetero increase its market share in the Hepatitis-C segment by more than 15% in next two years,” the company said.
As part of the non-exclusive licensing agreement with Gilead, Hetero will also be able to manufacture and sell this generic medicine in other countries.