The first sporadic monsoon showers have just begun and everyone’s already worried about how to brave the muck in their everyday footwear. But the days of fretting about spoiling your favourite shoes in the rain or looking dull and drab in boring waterproof footwear are over. Choose from these bright and stylish shoes, and sally forth:
1. Bata: The new monsoon collection comprises of closed shoes, sandals, peep-toes and slip-ons in colours such as pink, red, gold and silver. At all Bata showrooms, Rs299 onwards.
2. Florsheim: The Waterproof Comfortech range has formal shoes made of waterproof leather and an inner sole made of soft cushion. At all leading footwear chains, Rs4,495.
3. Melissa: The range of plastic shoes come with air-holes and are extremely comfortable. The shoes have been made to smell like a mixture of jelly beans and lollipops. They are available as wedges, sandals and kitten heels in bright colours. At Ministry of Fashion, DLF Emporio mall, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, Rs5,990.
4. Tod’s: This range of waterproof flats are made of PVC, are stylish and comfortable. At UB City mall, Bangalore; The Galleria, Trident, Mumbai, and DLF Emporio mall, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, Rs11,000.
5. Puma: This is a range of shoes with a foam-base. They are odour-resistant and lightweight, with perforations that allow water to drain out. At all Puma stores, Rs1,299.