New Delhi: Here are our top picks for would-be sustainable shoppers
1. e.go laptop: Wipro’s e.go range of notebooks, which come in five colours, are RoHS (restriction of hazardous substances directive)-compliant. Approx. Rs20,000.
2. Fish ornaments: Made from all-natural cotton. At Mother Nature, Domlur, Bangalore. Rs149-275. Price varies according to size and fabric.
3. Jute bag: Natural Dobi jute with zari. At Jute Cottage, Indiranagar and Brigade Road, Bangalore. Rs175.
4. Jute rugs: All natural fibres and vegetable dyes. At all FabIndia stores. Rugs start at Rs200.
5. Screw pine cushion: Stuffed with coir and screw pine leaves, with chemical-free dyes. At Mother Nature, Domlur, Bangalore. Rs600 for a 60x60cm cushion.
6. Disgustingly cool books for kids: Booklets on waste management, eco-friendliness and sustainability for kids. At People Tree, New Delhi, and Daily Dump, Indiranagar, Bangalore. Rs100.
7. Indulge towels: Organic fabric, all-natural dyes. At Good Earth, Raghuvanshi Mills, Mumbai, and Select Citywalk mall, New Delhi. Bath sheets, Rs1,950. Two hand towels, Rs850. Two face towels, Rs400.
8. Organic spices: Grown without the use of pesticides or synthetic fertilizers. At all FabIndia stores. Rs30-200.
9. Straw slippers: All natural fibres. At Nature’s Co., Select Citywalk mall, New Delhi. Rs295.
10. Soaps: Organic ingredients At Lush, Select Citywalk mall, New Delhi, and Garuda Mall, Bangalore. Rs250-430 for 100g.
11. Shanghai sofa: Raw silk, no chemical dyes, no polyurethane foam. At Good Earth, Raghuvanshi Mills, Mumbai, and Select Citywalk mall, New Delhi. Rs1.2 lakh, including fabric.
Pavitra Jayaraman in Bangalore contributed to this story.