Take a break
We all know that poor posture and sitting for long hours is bad for health. So spare five minutes each day and do these exercises at your workstation
Latest News »
- After five decades in politics, President Pranab Mukherjee says ‘Nomoshkar’ to private life
- Opposition boycotts UP Assembly, holds parallel ‘House’
- IT start-up employees are entitled to labour law benefits, says government
- 20 dead, 30 injured in blast near CM’s residence in Pakistan’s Lahore
- Reliance Capital gets shareholders’ nod for demerger of mortgage arm
Simply raise both shoulders up toward the ears, hold for 5 seconds, then relax. Repeat 15 times.
Sit with your fingers touching your shoulders. Then, rotate from back to front in a circular fashion. Do 15 times clockwise and anti-clockwise.
While sitting, keep your hands behind your head and bend towards the legs. Try to touch the head to the knees and keep breathing. Do five times.
Put both elbows on the thighs, try to curl the chest in forward position towards the legs while resisting the movement with the arms. Hold for 10 seconds, then release. Repeat the drill 10 times.
Wrist and foot roll
Lift hand and legs up and rotate them clockwise and anti-clockwise. Do 15 times on each side.
Side wrist and foot roll
To make it more difficult, move your hands and legs away from each other. The farther the distance, the more workout you will get.
Move your legs straight up from the floor and start rolling your ankles. Do the movement clockwise and anti-clockwise 25 times each.
Keep your hands straight up and start rolling the fists. Do the movement clockwise and anti-clockwise 25 times each.
By fitness consultant Vinod Channa