The lovable Ganesh is everyone’s favourite deity. His annual visit is eagerly awaited and celebrated by much fervour, music, dancing and playfulness. Ganpati mandals have friendly competitions about the size of their idols and celebrations and devotees queue up for hours to pay respects to the deities.
Of course, marketing of products related to (or far removed from) the festival also goes into overdrive and everyone from mobile service providers to tea manufacturers launch products or services specially created for this period. Here’s our pick of a few gifts which are sure to get you in the festive mood.
1) Patchi is all set to make your favourite holiday sweeter. The chocolatier has launched a range with Lord Ganesha’s pictures embossed on the festive gold and silver wrapping, which makes for an attractive gift. And the kids will love the chocolate modaks. At Atria Mall, Mumbai; and Ground floor, 13 A, Select City Walk, Saket, New Delhi. Prices start at Rs150 for a 22g chocolate, and Rs3,000 per kg. For Patchi chocolates picture, click here
2) The unconventional beauty of 24k gold foil products from Sona Swiss will be a great addition to your festivities. The Ganesh Chaturthi collection consists a range of Ganesh cards, frames and statuettes. At Sona Swiss, AC Market, Tardeo and select jewellers. Prices start at Rs800. For your Ganesh from Sona Swiss, click here
3) Tanishq has a new range of stylized Ganesh pendants made of platinum. There are also Ganesh motifs in gold and diamonds. At all Tanishq stores. Prices start at Rs10,000. For your Tanishq pendant picture, click here
4) The elephant-headed god takes on various forms in silver brand Episode’s special line. The silver statues show Ganesh as a baby, emerging from a rosebud and playing with his companion the mouse. At Episode stores in Mumbai, New Delhi, Gurgaon and Kolkata. Prices start from Rs6,000. For Episode’s Gyaneshwara mandirpicture, click here
5) Popley & Sons celebrate the season with pendants with Ganesh motifs. Choose from various designs in gold and diamonds. At Popley & Sons, Bandra. Prices start from Rs2,900. For Popley pendant picture, click here
6) Indulge your sweet tooth with chocolates from Belgian chocolatier Leonidas. A special Ganesh box with a image of the god is available and you can fill it up with their speciality chocolates, truffles, napolitanes, marzipans and pralines. At Leonidas, Kemp’s Corner, Mumbai. Prices start from Rs1,350 onward. For Leonidas’ Ganesh picture, click here