A pick of best gadgets for video-streaming apps
- Narendra Modi to open fourth container terminal of JNPT tomorrow
- Canadian PM Justin Trudeau begins week-long India visit
- PMO working on resolving PNB fraud, will try to extradite Nirav Modi: MoS finance
- Tibet’s most sacred Buddhist temple catches fire
- PM Modi should explain why PNB scam happened: Rahul Gandhi
The Apple TV (Rs.13,500) is a convenient streaming solution for movie buffs—plug this to your TV via an HDMI cable, and you will be all set to access apps and games. Apart from popular streaming services, you will also be able to access apps such as the Plex media server, Vimeo and Flickr.
Till some time ago, smart TVs were considered expensive. Now you have these connected televisions starting for as little as Rs.30,000. These TVs allow instant access to apps such as Netflix, YouTube, etc, and connect to the Internet through Wi-Fi. Our pick would be smart TVs made either by Sony (based on Android TV) or LG (WebOS) because the user experience is far superior when compared to rivals.
We have reached a stage where even the affordable smartphones can easily run streaming apps such as Netflix, Hotstar, Hooq and Spuul. What matters is the screen size, and if you intend to use the phone to watch a lot of your favourite movies and TV shows, we would recommend at least a 5.2 inches (the Asus Zenfone 3, for example) display size—the ideal would be at least 5.5 inches (the OnePlus 3 and iPhone 7 Plus, for example).