With sunscreen and sunglasses, we protect our skin well during the summer, but tend to forget that harsh sunlight can cause severe damage to our hair. Exposure to heat and humidity can make hair look lifeless and dull besides causing colour to fade.
Carole Robinique, Salon and Training Manager at Jean-Claude Biguine, the French house of beauty, shares her secrets to having radiant hair in summer.
• Wash your hair every alternate day at least and use a nutritive hair mask.
• Use a leave-in conditioner that adds shine and softness to hair. Use a product with UV filter that also protects the hair from external harm.
• A short hairstyle works best during summer. If suited to your lifestyle, the hairstyle that works best for summer would be an asymmetrical bob. It is easy to manage and looks stylish.
• After every visit to the swimming pool it is important to use a deep moisturizing conditioner. For those with coloured hair, it’s best to avoid chemically-treated water.
• Get a hair spa treatment on a regular basis. It’ll help nourish your hair from the root to the tip resulting in manageable, smooth and healthy hair.
• You need to have a well-balanced diet of vegetables, fruits and water; and get proper exercise and enough sleep.