Slideshow | The art of drip drying
A portrait of a ‘dhobi ghat’ virtually hidden in the centre of Delhi
- Ram Sagar (left) and Mukesh at the water-filled haud, or tank.
- Barkha, an undergraduate student, helps her father in the mornings but wants a career different from his.
- Chandrapal cycles out of Hailey Lane, on his way to deliver laundered clothes.
- Clothes being moved from the haud to the naandi where they will stay for half an hour.
- Clothes being sorted for ironing in front of the shrine of Nagarsen Baba Ghatwale, the god of the ghats. Photographs: Priyanka Parashar/Mint