The world cup in numbers
- Consolidation phase over, telecom firms set for growth war
- Start-ups have an unlikely competitor — municipal corporations
- Govt moves to protect medical records of terminally ill patients
- Strategic impatience essential for IT sector to realize full potential
- Higher MSPs could spur inflation in FY19: Nomura
Big Data is now an inseparable part of most sport, and football is no exception. The numbers tell a compelling story: Which player in the World Cup made the most goalscoring chances for his club side in the 2013-14 season? Who is gifted enough to make 93 accurate passes of every 100 he attempts? Who made the most clearances and interceptions in the backline, closing the door on attacks? Click on the graphic for a statistical dream team.
The players featured in the graphic are from the English Premier League, French Ligue 1, German Bundesliga, Italian Serie A and Spanish La Liga.
All the figures are from the 2013-14 season, and do not include the Uefa Champions League.
Compiled by Rudraneil Sengupta
Graphics by Manoj Madhavan and Jayachandran/Mint