1) Display your obliging side, with a package from French spa and salon Jean-Claude Biguine. You will both get a manicure, a consultation by a hair stylist, followed by a haircut of your partner’s choice. Dangerous, yes, but what’s love without a little excitement? The package is priced at Rs1,900 per couple, at Jean-Claude Biguine at Bandra, Mumbai (022-65222211); and The Collective, Vittal Mallya Road, Bangalore (080-67678877).
2) Chenab Impex, an importer of gourmet foods, has special aphrodisiac hampers for the occasion. Some highlights of the goodies you get: Amedei dark chocolate and Urbani whole truffles from Italy, Lune de Miel (honey) from France, and Blue Elephant oys ter sauce from Thailand. At Foodland and Nature’s Basket in Mumbai; Apna Bazaar in New Delhi and Spar, Thom’s Cafe and Nilgiris in Bangalore, or order online at www.chenabimpex.com . For Rs7,000.
Fairy Queen Express: Celebrate the day on a train.
3) If you’re looking for something risque, head straight to Boudoir London for a leather box filled with edible lingerie and handcuffs and chocolate and strawberry body paint. At Boudoir London, Juhu Tara Road, Mumbai (022-26607530), or order online at www.boudoirlondon.in for delivery all over India. Prices start at Rs3,900.
4) If you’ve had enough frivolity, pack in an evening of culture. The Symphony Orchestra of India presents the Sixth Celebrity Concert season. On 14 February, Welsh musician and renowned composer Karl Jenkins, will conduct a performance of Adiemus , one of his most popular works. Kazakh violin virtuoso Marat Bisengaliev will perform Sarikiz , a concerto written specially for him by Jenkins. At Jamshed Bhabha Theatre, Mumbai, at 6.30pm. Tickets, Rs800-2,000. Call 022-22824567 or visit www.soimumbai.in
5) With Valentine’s Day falling on a second Saturday, you can take an overnight trip to Alwar from New Delhi aboard the luxury heritage Fairy Queen Express (the Fairy Queen takes two trips a month, on the second and fourth Saturdays, between October and February). This is among the oldest running heritage steam locomotives and accommodates only 50 people in one trip. The train starts from the Delhi Cantonment railway station at 9am and reaches Alwar at 3pm, where an overnight stay is organized at the Sariska tiger reserve. It leaves the next day at 1pm for Delhi Cantt. The overnight trip costs Rs8,600 (taxes extra) per person and includes the train fare and hotel stay. Call 9910161413 for details.
Devi Garh Resort: Enjoy a special meal on the terrace.
6) Looking for a romantic dinner? Take a flight to Udaipur, the city of lakes, then drive for an hour to reach the Devi Garh Resort which is organizing a special V-day dinner at its terrace restaurant. There’s a red-and-black theme, rose petals, candles and live music. Only 40 spots are available at Rs3,700 per person (taxes extra) and dinner is a four-course fusion meal. If you want to spend the Valentine’s Day weekend at Devi Garh, book yourself in a Garden Suite for Rs29,000 (the package includes a two-night stay, three meals for a couple, taxes extra) and enjoy the special Adam and Eve treatment package at the spa. At Rs4,800 (taxes extra), the package entitles both of you to a massage and a foot treatment. For details, log on to www.deviresorts.com.