James Rodriguez rejects Inter Milan’s £76 million offer
- Hafiz Saeed should be prosecuted to fullest extent of law: US
- Market Live: Sensex, Nifty trade higher, Yes Bank shares rise 2% on Q3 result
- Rupee trades higher against US dollar
- Rishi Malhotra and the making of Saavn, the South-Asian soundtrack
- Major fire at Navrang studio in Mumbai’s Lower Parel, no casualty reported
The uncertainty regarding the club career of James Rodríguez, the 25-year-old Colombian maverick playmaker, seems to be far from over. An Italian newspaper confirmed over the weekend that Inter Milan’s had made a £76 million bid for the player in the final stages of the summer transfer window, which the player had rejected.
Rodríguez had instead decided to stick it out at Santiago Bernabéu where he spent most of the 2015-16 season on the bench after failing to find a place in coach Zinedine Zidane’s playing XI.
The former Monaco player signed for the Spanish heavyweights in 2014 for £63 million and had a good first season, in which he scored 17 times in 46 appearances. But he had to sit out most of the last season owing to injuries amid questions regarding his attitude.
So far this season, Rodríguez has scored only one goal in seven appearances for the La Liga team.
Besides Inter Milan, Juventus, Chelsea and Manchester United were also said to be wooing Rodríguez.
Here’s a replug to an older graphic that featured the most expensive players in the world who cannot find a place in their club’s playing XI.