ICB648PROG Side-by-side, 521 litres fridge and 331 litres freezer
• Dual refrigeration system, with separate compressors for the fridge and freezer and three evaporators, which keep food fresh longer, with no air, moisture or odour transferable between the compartments
• Triple-pane, UV-resistant glass door
• Microprocessor and interior touch-control panel with exterior digital temperature display
• Automatic ice maker with water filtration system
Rs14.40 lakh, at Sub-Zero, Top Products India Pvt. Ltd, Construction House A, 24th Road, Khar, Mumbai.
GC-L217 BPJ Side-by-side, 567 litres
• Seven digital sensors are programmed to maintain a uniform temperature, even when the door is opened constantly or warm food is put in
• The Bio Shield with an anti- microbial agent prevents the growth of mould that distorts the gasket
• The Moist Balance Crisper maintains moisture at an optimum level for fruits and vegetables, as moisture from the stored food evaporates and condenses on the lattice in the box cover
Rs80,000, at all leading home appliance stores.
Frrrunch RT35CDLB1/XTL 2-door, 345 litres
• Five-star BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) rating and an LED lighting system
• Separate Moisture Control sections to keep fruits and vegetables fresh
• The “phase change material” in the freezer helps maintain a low temperature, preventing food from melting or getting spoilt during a power failure
Rs26,200, at all leading home appliance stores.
VAL233i 2-door, 235 litres
• Energy-efficient LED bulbs are used for illumination
• An E-Seal antibacterial and anti-fungal door gasket keeps bacteria and fungus-causing elements at bay
• Dual cooling ducts make sure the refrigerator is sufficiently cool in summer, which helps keep food fresh
• An Ionizer releases plasma cluster ions from the air vents, which surround mould spores and render them inactive, while keeping the fridge odourless
Rs10,300, at all leading home appliance stores.