Start-ups are the new investment destination for Hollywood actors
- Infosys severance pay plea matter of legality for Sebi, not emotions, says Balakrishnan
- Inflation likely to exceed RBI’s 4% target in November: report
- Maersk sees falling freight rates in bearish sign for trade
- News in Numbers: 39% MF assets invested in equities, balanced funds in November
- Gujarat elections, Fed meet, Parliament session to keep markets on edge
It is a platform that connects travellers, usually looking for cheaper accommodation, with those looking to rent out their vacant rooms or a spot in their apartment for a shorter duration.
Funding: Undisclosed. Hollywood actor Ashton Kutcher joined the start-up as an adviser.
The Zuli Smartplug, the firm’s product, can be connected to a device which can then be controlled with the help of a smartphone. You can dim lights depending on your requirements, assess energy use, and keep a tab on monthly costs.
Funding: Undisclosed. Hollywood actor-producer Leonardo DiCaprio joined the board of advisers.
Describing itself as the ‘Pinterest for education’, the company is a platform that makes videos as well as infographics that can be useful for students and teachers.
Funding: Undisclosed. British actor-comedian Stephen Fry is a co-founder.