Start-ups are the new investment destination for Hollywood actors
Latest News »
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan will lead BJP in Madhya Pradesh polls: Amit Shah
- Sharad Yadav free to decide own course: Nitish Kumar
- West Bengal flood situation improves, death toll reaches 55
- Narendra Modi expresses anguish over Utkal Express derailment
- GST Council extends July payment and return filing deadline to 25 August
It is a platform that connects travellers, usually looking for cheaper accommodation, with those looking to rent out their vacant rooms or a spot in their apartment for a shorter duration.
Funding: Undisclosed. Hollywood actor Ashton Kutcher joined the start-up as an adviser.
The Zuli Smartplug, the firm’s product, can be connected to a device which can then be controlled with the help of a smartphone. You can dim lights depending on your requirements, assess energy use, and keep a tab on monthly costs.
Funding: Undisclosed. Hollywood actor-producer Leonardo DiCaprio joined the board of advisers.
Describing itself as the ‘Pinterest for education’, the company is a platform that makes videos as well as infographics that can be useful for students and teachers.
Funding: Undisclosed. British actor-comedian Stephen Fry is a co-founder.