Take a break
Latest News »
- ItzCash’s parent Ebix to buy money transfer operations of Wall Street Finance
- Wildlife panel rejects UP govt’s plan for ‘religious and hi-tech smart city’ near Ganga
- Arvind Subramanian slams carbon imperialism, calls for global coal alliance
- Floods claim 53 more lives in Assam, Bihar, West Bengal
- India’s forex reserves may cross $400 billion in September: Morgan Stanley
While sitting at your desk, move your head side to side toward your shoulders. Repeat the set 10 times on each side. This will help relax stiff muscles.
Bend your head and let your chin touch your neck. Hold that stretch for 20 seconds and apply pressure on your chin. Repeat 5 times.
Take a deep breath in and from both the sides of your cheeks hold all the cheek fat you can in your mouth. Hold your breath for 10 seconds. Repeat five times.
Breathe in and bring your chest out. Tuck the tummy in. Move in the forward direction towards your table. Slowly start breathing out and rest your back on your seat. Repeat five times.
Place both hands on the chair, take a deep breath and lift yourself from it. Hold the lift for five seconds and then relax on the chair. Repeat five times every two hours.
Squeeze the buttocks, hold for 5-10 seconds and then release. Breathe in and out while doing this. Repeat as many times as possible.
Spot jogging will make you sweat and gasp for breath. Also it makes leg calf muscles stronger. Stand at one spot and jog slowly. Continue for a minute.
Once you are comfortable jogging in your place, make it harder. Keep the same pace but lift the knees higher. Continue for a minute.
By fitness consultant Vinod Channa