It’s week two of the New Year, and you’re presumably on the road to recovery after the party season. Here’s a little bit to hurry you along.
Make-up artist Clint Fernandes gives a few tips to get over the bingeing season and get your skin in shape:
* Have a complete detox therapy—either hydrotherapy or at a spa. It’s more beneficial to do something therapeutic rather than correct with make-up.
* Drink at least three litres of water a day. It’s a therapy in itself.
* Go through a deep cleansing system for your skin—twice a week use a cleanser and a scrub, followed by a toner. Pat on a moisturizer with a sunscreen after that.
* To moisturize, use an aloe gel every night. It helps soothe the skin and works on the damage that smoke and pollution has caused.
* Certain brands such as Nivea and La Prairie have moisturizers that work on the effects of pollution as well. Use one of those if your skin needs a little extra boost.
* A moisturizer with a sunscreen should be worn even in the evening, under your make-up. Not only does it protect from the sun, but helps combat the effects of pollution, which especially hangs heavy in the nights during winter. It also helps save your skin from smoke in nightclubs.
* Use a lighter foundation if you must use make-up. It will let your skin breathe, and it will be better because of it.
* Go easy on the eyes. The kohl-lined, smoky look is back in, is safer on the skin and easy to take off. Kohl’s been used in India for ages without any side-effects. Just do up your mouth with gloss and you’re good to go.