Sanyo XT-43S7100F television: Minimalist design, good performance
- 10 television actors who turned to movies
- Bond yields fall after RBI cancels open market sale of debt
- Markets set to be bullish this week, investors to watch Fed minutes, oil prices
- London’s iconic red buses to run on biofuel made from old coffee
- Review: Jabra Elite Sport (2017) is not quite in the Apple AirPod league, but makes a strong point
Iconic Japanese electronics brand Sanyo is back in India, and this time it’s eyeing the affordable flat television market. Its XT-43S7100F television offers a 43-inch screen size at a rather affordable price, but the real attraction is the performance.
The television has the In-Plane Switching panel with Full HD (1,920x1,080) resolution and robust image processing. What you get are rich yet accurate colours, good contrast, brightness levels and detailing. Be it high definition (HD) or standard definition (SD) content, noise reduction works perfectly to remove the distortions that could otherwise creep into the visuals. Sports and movie fans will appreciate the smoothness of the fast-moving visuals. The display isn’t reflective and also allows for wide-viewing angles.
In terms of design, the XT-43S7100F impresses with sheer minimalism. The panel is moisture- and dust-resistant. There are two HDMI inputs, as well as two USB ports with easy access from the sides, which support common video formats.
The only real shortcoming is the weak audio—there is hardly any hint of bass and clarity suffers a bit if you push the volume high.
On a strict budget, however, this is one of the few TVs that offers a 43-inch screen size. And the overall performance makes it worth considering.