Opening bell | Asian markets open lower; Cipla, Oil India in news
- B-schools have to refund fees if student cancels before admissions close: AICTE
- BK Birla group’s Kesoram Industries to get Rs350 crore from promoters
- Supreme Court gives Jaypee till 25 January to deposit Rs125 crore
- Caution, vigilance warranted on inflation front: RBI governor Urjit Patel
- Why the Fox deal may resurrect Disney’s film business in India
Asian stocks fall on crude oil prices
Demonetisation crushes earnings revival hopes
Corporate earnings that were poised for a consumption-fuelled take-off on the back of a good monsoon and sharp wage hikes have been brought back to ground by the sudden withdrawal of high-value currency notes, reports Mint.
Consumer durables firms extend Diwali offers
Consumer durables manufacturers and retailers are continuing with their Diwali promotions and launching new cashback and finance schemes to tempt consumers to go cashless and restart spending that crashed when the government withdrew high-value currency, reports Mint.
Rs8,600 crore worth highway projects stalled
About Rs8,600 crore worth of national highway projects are stalled after partial progress, reports Business Standard. According to the report, the government is struggling to break the gridlock and get these restarted.
Cipla in talks to sell animal health unit
Cipla Ltd is in discussions to sell Cipla Vet, its animal health division, reports Mint. According to the report, the company hired global investment bank Rothschild to find potential buyers.
Cox & Kings, Oil India results today
Cox & Kings Ltd, Oil India Ltd, Mahanagar Gas Ltd and Sadbhav Engineering Ltd are some of the companies that will release their earnings for the September quarter on Monday.