BSE to add 48 companies to Group A from 17 July
BSE will shift securities of 48 companies including IDFC Bank and InterGlobe Aviation to Group A category, the most tracked segment on the bourse’s platform, from 17 July
Latest News »
- Narendra Modi hosts farewell for outgoing President Pranab Mukherjee
- In major bureaucratic reshuffle, 35 secretaries, additional secretaries named
- Congress top brass discuss aftermath of Shankarsinh Vaghela exit as Gujarat polls loom
- Orissa HC notice to EC for early completion of inquiry against Naveen Patnaik
- Arvind Subramanian hints at writing about demonetisation in memoir
Mumbai: Leading stock exchange BSE will shift securities of 48 companies including IDFC Bank and InterGlobe Aviation to Group A category, the most tracked segment on the bourse’s platform, from 17 July.
Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail, Crompton Greaves Consumer, Dr. Lal Pathlabs, Future Retail, GHCL, L&T Technology Services, Lakshmi Vilas Bank, Mahanagar Gas, RBL Bank, Tata Motors Ltd (DVR) and Welspun India are also listed for addition to Group A.
More From Livemint »
These 48 companies would be moved from Group Rs.B’ to Group Rs.A’ and the decision is based on their performance in areas such as compliance, corporate governance and responsible investment. BSE reviews Group Rs.A’ companies every six months.
“The current review of Group Rs.A’ companies has been carried out based on March 2017 numbers,” BSE said in a statement on Friday.
Group A is the most tracked segment consisting of about 300 scrips, while Group B consists of more than 3,000 stocks.
The classification is based on several factors such as market capitalisation, trading volumes and numbers, track records, profits, dividends, shareholding patterns and some qualitative aspects.