Manufacturing PMI: India fourth from top in Asia
- Air quality in Delhi today best in over a month: CPCB
- Zimbabweans celebrate Robert Mugabe’s imminent exit at mass rallies
- India’s Manushi Chhillar crowned Miss World 2017
- Farmers to participate in two-day protest in Delhi from Monday
- Gujarat elections: BJP issues second list, names candidates for Congress held seats
The Nikkei India manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) for March 2017 showed a smart rebound, on the back of new orders, both domestic and export. Its rate of expansion was the fourth highest among Asian economies, as the chart shows. Most Asian economies had scores above 50, indicating expansion from the previous month.
The rise in the Indian PMI indicates the manufacturing sector has fully recovered from the demonetization setback. The data will provide further support for the upbeat stock market.