Micro, small and medium industries worst hit in credit slowdown
The fastest has been in the growth of personal loans
Latest News »
- Orissa HC notice to EC for early completion of inquiry against Naveen Patnaik
- Arvind Subramanian hints at writing about demonetisation in memoir
- Businesses get time till 16 August to opt for GST composition scheme
- Nitish Kumar is wasting time meeting Rahul Gandhi: Sushil Modi
- Erdogan condemns Israel’s ‘excessive’ use of force in Jerusalem
The chart takes a longer-term view of the growth in bank credit among the various sectors.
Note that the slowdown in credit growth has been most pronounced in 2015-16 in micro, small and medium scale industries.
Growth in bank credit to large scale industry has been better than last year.
The fastest growth has been in the growth of personal loans.