Indian markets closed for Ambedkar Jayanti
Latest News »
- Infosys will ‘stay the course’, interim CEO U.B. Pravin Rao assures staffers
- NCLT seeks transfer of insolvency proceedings against Era Infra to larger bench
- Dawood Ibrahim on UK asset freeze list with 3 Pakistan addresses, 21 aliases
- Qatar deposited $6.9 billion in banks in July to offset Gulf crisis outflows
- Govt sets notifies new norms for discoms to buy solar power
New Delhi: Indian markets are closed on Friday for Ambedkar Jayanti holiday. Trading will resume on Monday.
Technology stocks took a beating on Thursday after Infosys’ share buyback plan and revenue outlook failed to move investors as the Sensex dropped 182 points to an over two-week low and the Nifty broke below 9,200.
In weekly terms, the Sensex fell 245.16 points, or 0.82%, while the Nifty was down 47.50 points, or 0.51%. The 30-share index opened lower before slipping further when Infosys results raised concerns about others to follow. It was down 182.03 points, or 0.61%, at 29,461.45 at the close, a level last seen on 28 March.