Edelweiss Financial Services shares rise 4% despite three block deals
Edelweiss Financial Services witnessed three block deals in which around 70.10 million shares or 8.4% stake of the company changed hands, according to a Bloomberg report
Latest News »
- Narendra Modi lauds Sushma Swaraj for giving a ‘human face’ to diplomacy
- Indian markets closed today for public holiday
- Nestle targeted by activist investor Dan Loeb’s Third Point with $3.5 bn stake
- China floods: 34 killed, 93 missing in landslide, over 4 lakh people evacuated
- Narendra Modi says no country questioned India’s surgical strikes
Mumbai: Shares of Edelweiss Financial Services Ltd on Friday opened sharply lower after three block deals. In the opening trade, the stock fell as much as 5% to touch a low of Rs127.25 a share but recovered soon and jumped 4%.
The scrip, however, closed almost flat as it rose up 0.07% to Rs134.20.
The company witnessed three block deals in which around 70.10 million shares or 8.4% stake of the company changed hands, according to a Bloomberg report.
However, details of the buyers and sellers were not known.
According to a CNBC report, First Carlyle Ventures sold its 9.2% stake in the company. As of Thursday’s close price First Carlyle Ventures stake valued at around Rs 912 crore.