LIC ups stake in Colgate Palmolive India to over 7%
New Delhi: Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India has acquired 2.021% stake in fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) firm Colgate Palmolive India through open market purchase, taking the total holding in the company to 7.037%.
The insurance behemoth earlier had 5.016% stake in Colgate Palmolive India, the FMCG company said in a regulatory filing.
LIC has acquired additional 54,97,334 shares in the company and now has 1,91,40,291 shares. It earlier had 1,36,42,957 shares in Colgate Palmolive India.
On Wednesday, Colgate Palmolive India shares closed 1.94% down at Rs1,042.75 apiece on BSE while the benchmark Sensex rose 1.17%, or 387.14 points, to end the day at 33,600.27.
- Delhi HC reserves order on PSC extension between Cairn India and ONGC for Barmer block
- Hike’s Total app: Everything you need to know
- Star India is not chasing profits from the upcoming IPL season
- Hyderabad University bars media entry on Rohith Vemula’s death anniversary
- HP launches 3D printers in India for Rs2.5 crore