Sensex rises 91 points, closes above 26,000 mark
BSE Sensex closes higher by 91.03 points, or 0.35%, to 26,051.81, while the Nifty 50 of NSE closes 31 points, or 0.39%, to 8,033.3
Latest News »
- Bharti Infratel Q1 consolidated profit falls 12%
- World oil demand could peak in 2024 on higher vehicle efficiency: Goldman Sachs report
- After five decades in politics, President Pranab Mukherjee says ‘Nomoshkar’ to private life
- Opposition boycotts UP Assembly, holds parallel ‘House’
- IT start-up employees are entitled to labour law benefits, says government
Mumbai: Markets ended higher for the second straight day, with the Sensex rising 91 points to close above the 26,000-mark on sustained buying by domestic institutions amid positive global cues. The Sensex opened higher at 26,101.33 and advanced to the day’s high of 26,130.49 on value-buying across the board and continued buying by domestic institutional investors.
But it slipped briefly into the negative terrain on emergence of profit-booking to touch a low of 25,877.16 before bouncing back to close 91.03 points, or 0.35% higher at 26,051.81.
The index has gained 195.64 points in Tuesday’s session on upbeat global cues. The 50-share NSE Nifty ended at 8,033.30, up 31 points, or 0.39%, after moving between 8,055.20 and 7,973.10.