Revamped Sebi website boasts of higher disclosures
- Congress asks PM Modi to address Haryana rape incidents in ‘Mann Ki Baat’
- UP govt mulls withdrawing Muzaffarnagar riots cases against BJP leaders
- ONGC to buy government stake in HPCL for Rs36,915 crore
- AIADMK to write to EC to disqualify Puducherry MLAs holding ‘office of profit’
- Delhi govt asks hospitals to install CCTVs to ensure safety of staff, patients
Mumbai: The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) website underwent a revamp to make it user friendly and more-in sync with the ever evolving digital media. Under the new look, the market regulator has increased its disclosures.
The Sebi website now has a section called as causelist, which lists out all the cases that are being heard by its whole time members and adjudicating officers against market intermediaries for various market violations.
This new entrant in one of the best features of that makes the quasi-judicial proceedings completely transparent. A case that is pending enforcement of Sebi directions can now be tracked and may ‘just’ prompt a swifter disposal of cases.