Revamped Sebi website boasts of higher disclosures
- Yogi Adityanath faces tough municipal elections test in Uttar Pradesh
- Jim Mattis to meet Nirmala Sitharaman at ASEAN meet in Philippines
- IEX shares fall 9.09% on stock market debut
- Narendra Modi congratulates Shinzo Abe on re-election
- Mario Draghi seen going for ECB bond-buying limit in QE’s last hurrah
Mumbai: The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) website underwent a revamp to make it user friendly and more-in sync with the ever evolving digital media. Under the new look, the market regulator has increased its disclosures.
The Sebi website now has a section called as causelist, which lists out all the cases that are being heard by its whole time members and adjudicating officers against market intermediaries for various market violations.
This new entrant in one of the best features of that makes the quasi-judicial proceedings completely transparent. A case that is pending enforcement of Sebi directions can now be tracked and may ‘just’ prompt a swifter disposal of cases.