Markets closed today for Mahashivratri
Mumbai: India’s stocks, bonds and currency markets are closed on Tuesday for a public holiday on the occasion of Mahashivratri. Trading will resume on Wednesday.
The broader NSE index rose 0.81% to 10,539.75 on Monday, while the benchmark BSE index gained 0.87% to 34,300.47.
The benchmark 10-year bond yield rose 1 basis point to 7.50%, while the rupee strengthened to 64.30 from its 64.39 close.
- Mark Mobius announces plans for EM fund, joins India-based Equanimity
- Rough diamond imports up 11% in April-January period: GJEPC
- Sensex, Nifty decline over 1% dragged by PSU bank stocks
- Billionaire Richard Branson unveils Hyperloop plans for India
- TJAC looking to poach second-rung TRS leaders for its political wing