Best health plans for you: 4 October 2017
- Power minister R.K. Singh supports tax incentives for electric vehicles
- India ending curbs will allow 10 foreign retailers to set shop: Suresh Prabhu
- TCS’s race to $100 billion valuation leaves even its ardent supporters flummoxed
- Jagan Mohan Reddy-led YSRCP to conduct ‘Walk with Jaganna’ in Andhra Pradesh
- Acer Aspire 5 Review: One of the first to adopt the newest Intel chips
How do you buy a health insurance plan? If you settle with the plan your agent sells or are happy knowing you have bought the cheapest plan, there is a bit of unlearning and a lot of learning in store for you. To give you a ready comparison, we designed Mint SecureNow Mediclaim Ratings (MSMR). The full ratings can be seen here: http://www/livemint.com/mediratings. For family floater plans, there are two sum insureds (Rs10 lakh and Rs20 lakh) and three categories—eldest insured is 35, 45 or 65 years old. For individual plans, the sum assured are Rs5 lakh, Rs10 lakh and Rs20 lakh. The ages are 35, 45, 65 and 70 years.