Tata Chemicals shares fall over 3% on poor Q1 earnings
New Delhi: Shares of Tata Chemicals on Wednesday went down by over 3% after the company reported 14% fall in consolidated net profit for the first quarter ended 30 June.
The stock tumbled 3.29% to settle at Rs577.10 on BSE. During the day, it lost 5.54% to Rs 563.65. At NSE, shares of the company slipped 2.85% to close at Rs579.05.
Tata Chemicals on Tuesday reported 14% fall in consolidated net profit at Rs177.9 crore for June quarter of 2017-18 fiscal.
Its net profit stood at Rs206.2 crore in the year-ago period, the company said in a regulatory filing.
Total income in the said quarter fell to Rs2,667.33 crore from Rs3,340.13 crore in June quarter last fiscal.
- Inflation likely to exceed RBI’s 4% target in November: report
- Maersk sees falling freight rates in bearish sign for trade
- News in Numbers: 39% MF assets invested in equities, balanced funds in November
- Gujarat elections, Fed meet, Parliament session to keep markets on edge
- Bubble in Bitcoin or elsewhere?