US stocks close higher, Dow nears 22,000 mark
New York: US stocks closed higher on Tuesday and the Dow Jones Industrial Average racked up a fifth straight record high powered by Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase and other banks.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 71.36 points, or 0.33%, to 21,962.48, the S&P 500 had gained 5.97 points, or 0.24%, to 2,476.27 and the Nasdaq Composite had added 14.82 points, or 0.23%, to 6,362.94. Reuters
- Shinzo Abe eyes fresh term as Japan votes under North Korea threats
- Donald Trump commends former presidents as ‘finest public servants’
- Donald Trump ‘most dangerous’ president ever, says Democratic Party chairman
- Hardik Patel’s key aides join BJP ahead of Gujarat assembly elections
- Opec says ‘all options are open’ as compliance at record level