NCDEX to launch chickpea futures from Friday: report
Mumbai: India’s National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange (NCDEX) will start trading in chickpea futures from Friday, two persons with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Wednesday.
The exchange will initially launch three contracts of chickpea, known locally as chana, said a person cited above, who declined to be named.
Market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) had suspended futures trading in June 2016 after chana prices spiked due to a drop in the production. Reuters
- Donald Trump’s speech to UN General Assembly: What the global media is saying
- Cabinet approves merger of 17 govt presses into 5 units
- Reliance Industries plans major expansion at its Jamnagar oil refinery complex
- Gold prices rebound on festive demand
- Mera Cashback Sale: Paytm takes on Flipkart and Amazon with cashback heavy sale