Jubiliant Life Sciences raises Rs100 crore by issue of commercial papers
- President of India’s salary is less than that of cabinet secretary
- BJP adopting mean ways to win Gujarat elections: Raj Thackeray
- RJD not to contest Gujarat elections, to support Congress: Lalu Prasad
- Manushi Chhillar’s Miss World win draws India level with Venezuela with 6 titles
- NSE SME to touch 100 mark, 50 IPOs likely in next 6 months
New Delhi: Drug firm Jubilant Life Sciences said on Tuesday that it has raised Rs100 crore through issuing commercial papers. The company has issued commercial papers of Rs100 crore on Tuesday. The tenure of instrument is 63 days, the company said in a BSE filing. It, however, did not specify what it planned to do with the money raised. “The coupon/interest offered is 6.49% per annum,” it added.
Commercial paper (CP) is an unsecured money market instrument issued in the form of a promissory note. It was introduced in 1990 in India with a view to enable highly-rated corporate borrowers to diversify their sources of short-term borrowings and to provide an additional instrument to investors. Shares of Jubilant Life Sciences were trading 0.39% higher at Rs830.05 per scrip at 2.46 pm on BSE on Tuesday.