Jubiliant Life Sciences raises Rs100 crore by issue of commercial papers
- ‘The Shape of Water’ leads Oscar nominations with 13 nods
- Uber to be profitable within 3 years: CEO Dara Khosrowshahi
- WEF Davos 2018: Barclays CEO Jes Staley warns against 2006 like complacency
- Narendra Modi’s Davos speech reason of pride for Indians: Amit Shah
- PM Narendra Modi meets Canada PM Justin Trudeau at WEF Davos 2018
New Delhi: Drug firm Jubilant Life Sciences said on Tuesday that it has raised Rs100 crore through issuing commercial papers. The company has issued commercial papers of Rs100 crore on Tuesday. The tenure of instrument is 63 days, the company said in a BSE filing. It, however, did not specify what it planned to do with the money raised. “The coupon/interest offered is 6.49% per annum,” it added.
Commercial paper (CP) is an unsecured money market instrument issued in the form of a promissory note. It was introduced in 1990 in India with a view to enable highly-rated corporate borrowers to diversify their sources of short-term borrowings and to provide an additional instrument to investors. Shares of Jubilant Life Sciences were trading 0.39% higher at Rs830.05 per scrip at 2.46 pm on BSE on Tuesday.