Godrej Consumer Products shares extend losses, fall 4% on poor Q1 results
New Delhi: Shares of FMCG major Godrej Consumer Products Ltd (GCPL) on Wednesday extended losses by falling by 4% after the company reported 8.70% decline in consolidated net profit for the quarter to June.
The Godrej Consumer scrip fell by 4.07% to close at Rs925 on BSE. At NSE, shares of the company closed lower by 4% to Rs916.
GCPL had reported 8.70% decline in consolidated net profit early this week at Rs225.17 crore for the quarter to June due to tepid sales post-GST and higher expenses.
The company had posted a net profit of Rs246.65 crore in April-June a year ago. Net sales during the period under review were up 3.42% at Rs2,266.69 crore, as against Rs 2,191.64 crore of the corresponding quarter of the previous fiscal, the company said in a BSE filing.
Latest News »
- Infosys back among top 10 companies by market cap on BSE, NSE
- PSU bank mergers: Putting lipstick on a pig
- Isro to launch back-up navigation satellite on 31 August
- Union cabinet clears transfer of AAI’s 40 acre land to MMRDA for Mumbai Metro
- D-Mart shares up 230% from issue price, market cap swells to Rs61,731.32 crore