India high on growth, low on inclusiveness
If the government’s emphasis is really on inclusive growth, then it needs to do much more to achieve that goal—that is the message for India from the World Economic Forum’s (WEF’s) inclusiveness index. The chart lists countries that are poorer than India in terms of per capita GDP (gross domestic product) but have higher ranks in the inclusiveness index.
At a time when India is forecast to be the world’s fastest growing major economy, the WEF rankings show that growth alone is not sufficient to ensure that the dividends of development reach the masses.
- US FTC probing Facebook data scandal: report
- NMC Bill shouldn’t make bridge course for AYUSH practitioners mandatory: panel
- Jeff Bezos ducks tech doldrums as Larry Ellison’s wealth falls $4.5 billion
- Breaking up with Facebook will be harder than it appears
- Amazon tops Alphabet to become second most valuable US-listed company